Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Service Engine Soon

This morning, I got up and put myself together to experience a great day.  I stepped outside and the weather was fantastic.  I'll take anything below 90 degree's since we've been having a bit of a heat wave lately.  I put my backpack in the passenger seat and started up my car.

Needless to say, that yellow light popped up again.  You know the "Service Engine Soon" light.  It reminded me of the first time I saw the light.  It was a day full of frustration and seeing this light was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I remember taking it to Auto Zone and having the guy come run a check on it.  After the check he told me everything was fine and that it was just the sensor being ultra sensitive.  However, everytime it comes on it reminds me of how I need to get things checked out on occasion.  That "Service Engine Soon" light is the accountability that I need to remind me to get the car checked out.

This also reminds me of the verse in Hebrews 10:24 where it says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."

My question for you is this, who is holding you accountable for your actions?  In 1 Corinthians 12 it talks about all of us being a part of the body of Christ and how we need to keep each other in check.  So are you keeping yourself accountable today?  It's hard to live in this world without having someone to share the things that we've done wrong with.  We also need someone, as the verse in Hebrews says, to spur us on in life to love and do good things.

So today, if you don't have someone holding you accountable, find someone you can trust and depend on.  Meet with them on a regular basis and share your experiences.  Sharpen each other and spur each other on to live the lives that God has destined us to live.

God,
Thank you for accountability.  Thank you for those in our lives who can speak truth into us.  Thank you for those who can encourage us and love us accurately.  Help us seek accountability so we can share your love with those around us.  Amen.

1 comment: